Tuesday, July 15, 2014

How I got here

I have a regrettable past, littered with inexcusable actions taken in large part due to the privileged nature of my gender and race. While I wish that I could escape from these transgressions, I like to think that in some karmatic way, by standing up for Feminism and LGBTQ rights, I'm balancing out the universe - or at least the minuscule portion of it that I've had a noticeable impact on.

But my actions in this realm are not meant in an obligatory way, rather, I genuinely feel strongly about supporting these causes because on a deeply personal level, I hold our shared experience of life to the highest regard. And so, rather than just sitting back, and letting society have it's way with these beleaguered groups, I am adding my voice to the allied forces against the demons of our selfish nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment